Last edited 4/15/13
What's new from YUUreka Mathematics?
- <NEW as of 4/15/13> Find YUUreka Mathematics on Facebook and "Like" my page. I've been posting pictures of student work, ideas from other teachers, and some strategies.
- <NEW as of 3/12/12> Suggested Manipulatives for Grades 6-8. Go to my Common Core page, then look for the PDF document.
- <NEW as of 2/29/12> Suggested Manipulatives for Grades 3-5. Go to my Common Core page, then look for the PDF document.
- <NEW as of 7/8> Suggested Manipulatives for K-2. Go to my Common Core page, then look for the PDF document.
- <NEW as of 6/2> Sample Mathematics Assessment Items from the SMARTER Balanced Consortium. Go to my Common Core page, then look for the PDF document, SBAC Sample Math Items. (It's the 10th item from the top)
- When I was the DOE Mathematics Educational Specialist (2005-08), my office created a document called What the Benchmarks Mean. Many teachers tell me that they still use the document and found it very useful. So I decided to work on an updated version for the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics. Go to my Common Core page, then look for the document, What the Common Core State Standards Mean (Grades K-6). The document is available in Word 2007, Word 2003, and as a PDF.
- <NEW as of 4/23> What the Common Core State Standards Mean (Grades 6-8) is available in a Word 2007 and as a PDF.
- <NEW as of 4/24> Is your school planning on developing a projected curriculum map based on the CCSS for next school year? I have already worked with one elementary school on their map, and what really helped was having the Standards printed on index cards that could be grouped by ideas and sequenced by quarters. Go to my Common Core page, then look for documents titled, CCSS_Math_Cardstock. Print the document on cardstock, and then cut them into fourths. Available in Word 2007 only.
Workshop materials can be downloaded by clicking on the "Workshop Handouts" tab in the sidebar menu to the left.
YUUreka Mathematics is the name of my new educational consulting company.
YUUreka Mathematics provides professional development and consultation to assist schools with their implementation of the Common Core mathematics standards.
Hawaii DOE Vendor #141288
For inquiries, please contact Wesley Yuu via email at: email@example.com